Wise County Messenger

Fire prompts restaurant evacuation

DECATUR


A popular Decatur eatery was evacuated Wednesday morning as a fire broke out in the establishment’s kitchen. According to Chris Mercer, a fire in the kitchen at the Whistle Stop Cafe, 904 Business U.S. 287, caused minimal damage. “When we arrived on scene, the restaurant was already evacuated,” Mercer said. “We found a small grease fire behind the stove. After […]

This content is only available to online subscribers. Please login below or Subscribe now.