A welding accident started a fire that destroyed a home in Springtown Tuesday.
The fire was reported at approximately 1:30 p.m. near the intersection of Farm Road 51 and County Road 3694.
“The homeowners were welding a back patio awning and ignited the corner of the house,” said Jason Paradise of the Boyd Fire Department.
The fire quickly consumed the single-story residence on the 100 block of County Road 3694, with wind pushing flames toward surrounding homes. Most of the residents were outside of the home working on the awning when the fire started, Paradise said. No injuries were reported.
The first arriving units reported the home was fully engulfed in flames, with Boyd firefighters beginning a defensive attack on the fire.
“The structure was fully involved, we went defensive initially, did a quick knockdown, then started a transitional attack,” Paradise said.
First responders were able to contain several grass fires surrounding the home.
The home was a total loss. First responders began clearing the scene by 4:45 p.m.
The Wise County Sheriff’s Office, Wise County EMS and firefighters from Cottondale, Paradise and Parker County ESD 1 also responded to the blaze.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.