UPDATE

Update for Thursday, November 8, 2018


Share this page...

RAIN TODAY, FREEZING TEMPERATURES SATURDAY? – Today’s forecast includes a 60 percent chance of rain this afternoon and a 40 percent chance overnight with a high of around 52. Friday should be party cloudy, with high temperatures around 52. Temperatures overnight Friday into Saturday morning are expected to drop to around 32 as Canadian high pressure at the surface will settle across the area, possibly causing a light freeze. Wise County is under a freeze watch for early Saturday. Saturday’s high temperature should reach 48.

ANIMAL SHELTER FUNDRAISER – A garage sale benefiting the Bridgeport Animal Shelter is 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at 411 Grace St. in Bridgeport. A plant sale will also be held, with funds going to a partner rescue solely to be used for animals at the shelter. The fundraiser is hosted by Brandi Meek and Penny Shaver.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Wise Area Relief Mission (WARM) will hold its Annual Turkey Give Away Tuesday, Nov. 20. Anyone who wants to volunteer on that day should sign up at the following link: www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0D4FACAD22A4FA7-turkey1.

WREATH-MAKING CLASS – Decatur Medical Lodge will hold a wreath-making class led by Cindy Munnerlyn at 6 p.m. Nov. 29. Registration is $35 and will cover the cost of materials. Call Denise Dennis, 940-626-2800, prior to Nov. 21 to RSVP.

SANTA COPS – The Decatur Police Department is accepting applications for Santa Cops through Dec. 2. Applications can be picked up at the police department or printed online at decaturtx.org. Donations of new, unwrapped toys or monetary donations can be dropped off at the police department through Dec. 14. For information, call Ashly DoByns, 940-393-0303.

CHARITY CAR SHOW – Entries are being accepted for the Love 4 Linda charity car show Saturday at Yesterday’s in Bridgeport. Registration is $20. Call 817-751-8324 or email love4linda@yahoo.com.

HARVEST FESTIVAL – Countyline Cowboy Church in Sunset will hold its Harvest Festival from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at 890 U.S. 81/287N.

APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE – Christmas in Paradise applications are now available at all campuses from the counselors or at the Finish Line Cafe. Deadline to return applications is Nov. 23.

FUNERALS – Graveside service for Layla Garcia, an infant of Rhome is 10:30 a.m. today at Oaklawn Cemetery. Hawkins Funeral Home in Decatur is handling arrangements.

VISITATION for Teresa Unate de Fraga, 87, of Chico is 6-8 tonight with rosary said at 7 p.m. at Hawkins-Decatur.

FUNERAL for Sarah Geneva Hudson, 95, of Decatur is 2 p.m. Saturday at Immanuel Baptist Church in Decatur with burial at Paradise Cemetery. Family visitation is 6-8 p.m. Friday at Hawkins-Decatur.

VISITATION for Ruben Romo-Alvarado, 42, of Bridgeport is 3-6 p.m. Saturday at Hawkins Funeral Home Chapel in Bridgeport.

FUNERAL for Jeannie Ruth Moran, 51, of Boyd is 2 p.m. Sunday at Hawkins Funeral Home Chapel in Boyd with burial at Garvin Cemetery. Family visitation is 5-7 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.

SERVICE for Marie New, 92, of Bridgeport is 10 a.m. today at First Presbyterian Church in Bridgeport with burial at 2 p.m. at Moore Memorial Gardens in Arlington. Jones Family Funeral Home in Bridgeport is handling arrangements.

FUNERAL for Moran Carl Roop Jr., 84, of Alvord is 2 p.m. Friday in the chapel at Jones Family Funeral Home in Decatur with burial at Oaklawn Cemetery. Family visitation is 6-8 tonight at the funeral home.

SERVICE for Christopher Gregory Spivey, 38, of Boyd is pending at Jones-Decatur.

Print This Page Print This Page

Leave a Reply. Note: As of March 24, 2011, all posted comments will include the users full name.

WCMessenger.com News and Blog Comment Guidelines

You must be logged in to post a comment.