UPDATE

Tuesday, April 10, 2018


Share this page...

BOYD ISD APPROVES SRO – Boyd ISD trustees approved a contract with the city of Boyd for a school resource officer (SRO) Monday night. The Boyd city council gave its consent on the pact last month. “This provides a start in reaching the level of security we’re looking for,” said Boyd School Board President Bill Childress. Boyd Police Chief Dwayne Taylor, who was at Monday’s meeting, said he will post the opening immediately. “The next thing is trying to find someone,” Taylor said. “I’d love to have someone within 60 days. The main thing is to have them ready to start by the first day of school.” The school will cover 75 percent of the salary and benefits for the officer. The city will pay the other 25 percent.

DONOR REGISTRATION DAY – As part of National Donate Life month, Wise Health System is hosting a donor registration day from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. today in the Wise Health System East Campus cafeteria. Register as an organ, eye and tissue donor. Call Megan Adams for more information, 940-626-2482.

CHAMBER OPEN HOUSE – The Chico Chamber of Commerce will host its annual Open House at the Chico Senior Center, 102 S. Buffalo St., at noon today. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with fellow community members and business leaders. Lunch will be provided.

GLITZY GIRLS TRAILER PARK РThe annual Glitzy Girls Trailer Park event is 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday on the Decatur Square. Proceeds benefit local charities. Call Carol, 940-206-4611 or Jana, 817-357-7205, or follow on Facebook.

SCV MEETING – The Sons of Confederate Veterans meet 7 tonight at the Wesley Center of the First United Methodist Church of Decatur.

PARADISE KINDER REGISTRATION – Paradise Elementary kindergarten registration is Wednesday, April 11 and 25 by appointment only. Call 940-969-5046.

MOVIE NIGHT – The Rhome Public Library will show the movie “Coco” at 6:30 p.m. Friday.

TOPS EVENT – TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) will hold an open house 5 p.m. today at Grace Baptist Church in Decatur. A healthy meal will be provided.

ABWN MEETING – Area Business Women’s Network will hold its regular monthly lunch 11:45 a.m. Thursday at the Decatur Conference Center. RSVP to info@abwn.org by noon today. Cost is $11 for members and first time guests. Speaker is The Snow Sisters. Bring business cards to network and a door prize for the scholarship raffle.

FUNERALS – Memorial service for Bobby Rodden, 77, of Decatur is 10 a.m. Wednesday at Hawkins Funeral Home Chapel in Decatur. Family visitation is one hour prior to service at the funeral home.

FUNERAL for Joyce Wetsel, 82, of Decatur is 2 p.m. today at Hawkins-Decatur with burial at Oaklawn Cemetery.

MEMORIAL service for Cindy Dobyns, 61, of Sunset will be held at a later date. Hawkins-Decatur is handling arrangements.

MEMORIAL service for Tammy Myers, 54, of Decatur is 11 a.m. Saturday April 28, at Hawkins-Decatur. Family visitation is 30 minutes prior to service.

FUNERAL for Aubrey “A.V.” Houchins, 100, of Bridgeport is 2 p.m. today at Hawkins Funeral Home Chapel in Bridgeport.

GRAVESIDE for Anna Benson, 87, of Paradise is 1 p.m. Wednesday at Azleland Cemetery. Hawkins Funeral Home in Boyd is handling arrangements.

FUNERAL for Bessie Ferguson, 76, of Rhome is pending at Hawkins-Boyd.

FUNERAL for Doris Jo Schwieger, 80, of Rhome is 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Newark Church of Christ with burial at Aurora Cemetery. Family visitation is 6-8 tonight at Jones Family Funeral Home in Decatur.

Print This Page Print This Page

Leave a Reply. Note: As of March 24, 2011, all posted comments will include the users full name.

WCMessenger.com News and Blog Comment Guidelines

You must be logged in to post a comment.