Man arrested for attempted murder

Share this page...

Jamar Christopher Taltom-Gipson

An Arlington man has been arrested for attempted murder in connection with a shooting in Newark two weeks ago.

Jamar Christopher Taltom-Gipson, 26, was arrested Sunday and remained in the Wise County Jail with bond set at $75,000 Monday morning.

According to a press release from the Wise County Sheriff’s Office, deputies were dispatched to the 500 block of County Road 4873 in Newark around 1:40 a.m. Dec. 18 when a caller reported hearing a man screaming for help. Deputies found Mark Anthony Barajas, 21, of Fort Worth lying along the roadside. Deputies said it appeared Barajas had been shot in the back of the head.

Wise County EMS transported Barajas to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth where he has remained in critical condition, according to the sheriff’s office.

“The early investigation revealed Barajas was shot by a known person,” identified as Taltom-Gipson, the press release states. “Evidence indicated the shooting incident occurred during the course of a methamphetamine transaction and an ensuing robbery at South Wise County Park. More than 2 ounces of methamphetamine was found during the crime scene search.”

An arrest warrant for Taltom-Gipson was issued the same day for attempted capital murder, a first degree felony. Since that time, the sheriff’s office had searched for Taltom-Gipson with the help of the Texas Rangers, Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal Investigation Division, Fort Worth Police Department and Arlington Police Department.

On Sunday, Taltom-Gipson was located and arrested in Arlington at the home of a relative.

Print This Page Print This Page

One Response to “Man arrested for attempted murder”

  1. Someone should knock that stupid smile off his face.


Leave a Reply. Note: As of March 24, 2011, all posted comments will include the users full name.

WCMessenger.com News and Blog Comment Guidelines

You must be logged in to post a comment.