NEWS HEADLINES

Home damaged after electrical fire

By Austin Jackson | Published Saturday, September 8, 2018
Tags: ,

Share this page...
Electrical Fire

ELECTICAL FIRE – Cottondale resident Robin Langley reacts after seeing the charred remains of her bedroom Friday morning. A lamp plugged into a power strip caused the fire which engulfed part of her home located at 148 Private Road 3595 in Cottondale. Messenger photo by Austin Jackson

An electrical fire ripped through a home in Cottondale Friday morning, leaving two residents displaced.

Resident Robin Langley said she left to go babysit at a nearby home when a lamp plugged into a powerstrip in her bedroom sparked the blaze.

“I lost my bedroom,” Langley said. “But we will stay with family.”

Langley’s dog was locked inside the bedroom, but was rescued by a family member.

Firefighters from Boyd, Paradise, and Cottondale responded to the fire that broke out at 148 Private Road 3595 in Paradise, containing the damage to the bedroom.

Family who lived nearby limited the blaze with a garden hose. Boyd, the first department to arrive at the scene, made it to the residence a little after 8 a.m.

“We saw smoke coming out the front door,” said Boyd firefighter Randy Harris. “The homeowners fortunately had a water hose and were able to knock it down. Being this far out here, it’s a good thing they did.”

The blaze was put out within 30 minutes.

Langley said when she arrived to the house and saw the smoke, her first thought was her dog, Sissygirl.

Eventually, Langley said her cousin’s boyfriend emerged from the home with the 7-year-old pit bull in his arms.

“I was worried about her, she was in there the whole time,” Langley said. “She’s just now coming to.”

Leave a Reply. Note: As of March 24, 2011, all posted comments will include the users full name.

WCMessenger.com News and Blog Comment Guidelines

You must be logged in to post a comment.