NEWS HEADLINES

Blaze destroys Rhome home

By Racey Burden | Published Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Tags:

Home Burned

HOME BURNED – A mobile home in Rhome was destroyed in a fire Monday afternoon. Messenger photo by Joe Duty

A mobile home in Rhome caught fire Monday afternoon.

The fire, on Private Road 4732, was called in to dispatchers around 2 p.m. Rhome, East Wise, Newark, Decatur and Justin fire departments responded.

“The main thing when we first got here was we were faced with strong winds blowing heavy smoke across the road,” Rhome Fire Chief Darrell Fitch said. “There were flames coming out of the roof.”

Wise County Assistant Fire Marshal Jeff Doughty said Tuesday the fire appears to have been caused by an electrical issue, possibly relating to a heat lamp in a dog house on the southeast corner of the home.

The fire rekindled briefly Tuesday morning, and Rhome and East Wise were dispatched to put it out.

The Red Cross was called to assist the family who lived in the home, two adults and four children, who were out of the house at the time of the fire.

Leave a Reply. Note: As of March 24, 2011, all posted comments will include the users full name.

WCMessenger.com News and Blog Comment Guidelines

You must be logged in to post a comment.