The University Interscholastic League announced its biennial realignment Monday morning with the renaming of its six classifications from 6A to A. The realignment also included a division split for the first time in its third largest league – the new 4A
Here is a run down of the district’s for football:
- Decatur landed in 4A Division I’s 4-4A with Burkburnett, Wichita Falls Hirschi, Graham, Mineral Wells and Gainesville.
- Bridgeport will be in 4A Division II’s 3-4A with Aubrey, Celina, Krum, Anna and Bonham.
- Northwest remains in the state’s largest classification – 6A – and will be teamed with Denton Guyer, Denton Ryan, Keller, Keller Central, Fossil Ridge, Timber Creek and Byron Nelson in 5-6A.
- Boyd and Paradise are in 3A Division I’s 4-3A with Breckenridge, Bowie, Ponder and Brock.
- Chico and Alvord are in Class 2A Division I’s 5-2A with Valley View, Bells, Blue Ridge and Trenton.
For basketball, most of the schools are shuffling to completely different districts.
- Bridgeport and Decatur will be together in 8-4A with Castleberry, Lake Worth and Springtown.
- Boyd and Paradise are teamed with Henrietta, Holliday, Jacksboro, Nocona and City View in 9-3A.
- Alvord and Chico are with Collinsville, Era, Lindsay, Muenster, Poolville and Valley View in 11-2A.
- Slidell is in 21-A with Bellevue, Gold-Burg, Forestburg, Midway, Prairie Valley, Saint Jo and Tioga.