In response to the “Pro-Life” letter by Ted H. Shaw (Messenger, Jan. 25, 2014):
You “highly recommend a return to the Bible.” I couldn’t agree with you more. One verse that comes to mind is “Judge not, and ye shall not be judged. Condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned. Forgive and ye shall be forgiven.” (Luke 6:37)
In my humble opinion, a true Christian would strive not to spew hatred and judgment upon others, especially on such a personal issue as abortion. A true Christian would not label someone as “evil” for making a very difficult decision based on circumstances that you have no clue about.
If you were truly trying to live your life according to Jesus’ teachings you would demonstrate love, compassion and unconditional forgiveness.
Since you seem to have so much time on your hands that you feel the need to dictate others’ lives, here are some suggestions for some constructive activities to fill those empty hours:
1. Volunteer your time and donate needed items to a battered women’s shelter.
2. Volunteer your time and donate needed items to a pregnancy crisis center.
3. Become a big brother to a needy child and help give them the guidance they need in life.
4. Donate food and clothing to charities. All those un-aborted babies and their families need to be fed and clothed.
5. Go through Child Protective Services and adopt one of the children who were not aborted, but instead were abused to the point where they will never be mobile, verbal or even continent. There are pages and pages for you to look through.
Hatred corrupts the vessel that carries it. Instead of judging and hating others, try filling your vessel with love and compassion. Just a thought.