The Runaway Bay City Council addressed several expiring terms at its meeting Tuesday.
Mayor Robert Ryan announced the number of expirations on various city boards and commissions. They are:
- planning and zoning, 3;
- cemetery association, 4;
- parks and recreation board, 3;
- economic development corp., 3.
Those interested in filling one of those terms should contact City Hall at 940-575-4745.
City officials also cancelled the May 10 election after the incumbents holding the three expiring terms on the council were the only ones to file.
The mayor and two council at-large seats were up for election. These posts are held by Robert Ryan, and Neil Peters and Kay Simmons, respectively.
In other news, the council also approved:
- donating to the Texas A&M Forestry Service surplus property in possession of the volunteer fire department. Equipment includes bunker gear, outdated radios, pagers, speakers and miscellaneous adapters.
- the police department’s standard operating procedures.
- the February meeting minutes, financials, accounts payable, activity reports, journal entries and code enforcement report.