The Rhome city council will restructure its planning and zoning commission in more ways than one.
In a public hearing Thursday, council members will discuss changes to the requirements to serve on the planning and zoning commission.
After acting in accordance with the discussion generated, the council will then fill two vacancies on the commission.
Also at its meeting, the council will consider:
- a donation plaque for the Veterans Park;
- the contract on electrical work at Family Park;
- the 2013 annual drinking water quality report in a public hearing;
- updating fire department ordinance; and
- setting a budget workshop.
The council will recess into closed session to discuss personnel, real property and potential litigation with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). Officials may consider and act on the matters in open session.
In the consent agenda, officials will review the June 16 meeting minutes and the check registers for June 10 through July 7 and hear departmental reports from police, fire, public works and administration.