There is no more primary election business to take care of on the local level, but a few decisions are left to be made on the state and national levels.
Early voting for the May 27 Republican and Democratic primary runoff elections is 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday next week, May 19-23. Early voting locations are:
- Decatur City Hall, 201 E. Walnut St.;
- Rhome City Hall, 105 1st St.; and
- the Bridgeport Law Enforcement Center, 1000 Thompson St.
The Republican ballot includes four races:
- lieutenant governor, David Dewhurst and Dan Patrick;
- attorney general, Ken Paxton and Dan Branch;
- commissioner of agriculture, Sid Miller and Tommy Merritt;
- and railroad commissioner, Ryan Sitton and Wayne Christian.
The Democrats have just two runoffs:
- U.S. Senator, Kesha Rogers and David M. Alameel; and
- commissioner of agriculture, Richard “Kinky” Friedman and Jim Hogan.
Registered voters who did not vote in the primary election may vote in either the Republican or Democratic primary runoff. However, if you voted in a party primary, you can only vote in the same party’s runoff election.
Information on election day voting locations and times will be published in next week’s Wise County Messenger.