Northwest ISD trustees are expected to fill three vacancies at Monday’s school board meeting.
The agenda calls for the board to name an executive director of student services, an executive director of curriculum and staff development and a head football coach for Northwest High School.
The new hires will replace Cindy Brown, who is now the district’s executive director of student services; Rob Thornell, who was promoted to assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction in December; and Bill Patterson, who accepted the head football coaching job in Sherman March 24.
The meeting begins with a closed session at 5 p.m.
The board will then convene for a budget workshop, during which they will discuss the district’s organizational structure, compensation and insurance plans.
Discussion on the latter will continue in the regular meeting when officials consider the proposed medical premiums and an increased contribution by the district.
Trustees will also consider:
- an interlocal agreement with Education Service Center as the third-party administrator for various benefits including online benefits enrollment; dental and vision administration; life insurance provider; voluntary life insurance; supplemental disability provider, accident plan and cancer plan; and the retirement savings plan.
- renewing its contract with ARAMARK as the district’s food service provider.
- extending by one year a contrct with GCA Services for custodial services.
- revisions to the student code of conduct.
- reports on demographics, construction and February financials.