The Bridgeport Economic Development Corp. Board of Directors has hired a leader.
At the city council meeting Tuesday, Mayor Pro Tem Kathy Kennedy affirmed the EDC board’s decision to hire Sterling Flynn as the city’s EDC executive director.
Flynn is president of Town Architects Inc. in Fort Worth.
“I feel like we found someone with the proper experience on both the private and public sides of economic development,” said Eddie Bland, EDC board chairman. “We are excited to have him.”
Flynn’s start date is Monday, March 31.
He succeeds William Myers, who accepted a position with the Denison Development Alliance. His last day with the city of Bridgeport was Dec. 20.
IN OTHER NEWS
- granted a special exception to BEFCO Engineering Inc., on behalf of Holt Cat, allowing the construction of a service shop and wash rack that doesn’t meet the city’s masonry requirements. Because the proposed structures will be behind privacy fencing and not visible from the highway, they approved the request.
- approved with a vote of 4-1 a special events application for the Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce to distribute alcohol at a mixer April 3. A.Z. Smith opposed.
- waived the rental fee for use of Lawdwin Ball Fields and Bridgeport Community Center for fundraisers.
- reviewed the Feb. 20 through March 5 payment report in the amount of $219,954.22.
- proclaimed March 17-23 Poison Prevention Week.
- approved the Feb. 4 and 18 regular meeting minutes.
Due to the primary election Tuesday, the council opted to postpone until its next meeting March 18 discussion on a veterans park and the presentation of the quarterly report on the city’s investment portfolio and the January budget variance report.