Matt Joiner, associate dean of Weatherford College Wise County, will be sworn in as a new member of the board of the Decatur Economic Development Corp. when the board meets Thursday, Aug. 21.
The meeting is 9 a.m. in the EDC office at 106 N. Trinity.
Joiner was appointed June 23 by the Decatur City Council but was unable to attend the July meeting. After he is sworn in, the board will get down to business on an agenda that includes:
- adoption of the budget for the upcoming fiscal year;
- discussion of a change in the performance agreement for United Rotocraft, a company whose facility is located at the Decatur Airport;
- discussion of a tour the board took of the Springtown Splash Park Aug. 8;
- updates from EDC Executive Director Mary Poche on other activities;
- a closed session to talk about economic development negotiations and the purchase of property; and
- back in open session, discussion of and possible action on two proposals for Project Sidekick.