With one new face on board, the Decatur City Council moved quickly through a laundry list of appointments before holding a joint meeting with the city’s Planning and Zoning Commission Monday afternoon.
Place 1 councilmember Dana Clinesmith, who did not seek re-election, was honored for her service before her replacement, Dr. Carmelina Holloway, was sworn in along with re-elected councilmembers Cary Bohn (place 3) and Jay Davidson (place 5), and Mayor Martin Woodruff.
None had an opponent, allowing the city to cancel the recent election.
The council renominated Jason Wren as mayor pro tem, Davidson as deputy mayor pro tem and Woodruff as the city’s representative to the North Central Texas Council of Governments. Councilmember Randy Bowker was appointed airport liaison.
A resolution was adopted appointing Barbara Foster, Coy Stephens and Deidra Deaton to the Decatur Housing Authority, and Davidson and Wren were reappointed to the board of directors of the city’s Economic Development Corp. (EDC), to serve two-year terms.
According to its bylaws, three of the EDC board’s five members must be members of the city council. Woodruff also serves, along with president Andrew Sandford. The other non-councilmember post was recently vacated by the resignation of Roy Eaton, who will be replaced by the council.
Other appointments included:
- Library Board: Nancy Rosendahl, Althea Forbis, Eric Vincent and Martha Hughes;
- Parks Board: Ashlee Bohn, Robin Lewis, Jay Layton, Chance Overton and Sandra Bagwell;
- Civic Center Advisory Board: Jeannine Eaton, Lorraine Burton and Joe Lambert;
- Main Street Advisory Board: James Macik, David Hamilton, Rex Keese, Nancy Boyd, Cyndi Fernihough;
- Cemetery Board: Gene Blagg, Wayne Stone, Ann Logue, Frank Perrin and Angela Smith.
The council also ratified the slate of officers for the cemetery board with Logue as president, Stone as vice president and Joyce Horton as secretary.
A proclamation in support of the Decatur Public Library’s Summer Reading Program was presented at the start of the meeting.