For the third time in two months, Bridgeport officials will consider a special exception to a sidewalk ordinance at its meeting Tuesday.
The ordinance requires a sidewalk be installed during construction. In all instances, there are no other sidewalks in the neighborhoods the properties in question are located.
The council has granted two special exceptions for the same ordinance over the last two months.
During a workshop in the last half of the meeting, officials will discuss the requirement and consider modifications.
The council will also consider:
- granting a special exception for an RV cover that does not meet the side yard setback;
- amending the parks and recreation budget to allocate $14,900 for Christmas decorations;
- an agreement with Gary Osier Presents and Mars Hill Band for a Concert in the Park Saturday, July 26;
- amending an interlocal agreement with the Bridgeport Economic Development Corp. outlining the funding responsibilities of all parties involved in the construction of a natural gas line to the future site of U.S. Ply Inc. A grant from the Texas Capital Fund will pay for most of the project, with the EDC making up any difference.
- the April 3-16 payment report totalling $651,693.71;
- a budget variance report on the March financials;
- proclaiming April National Safe Digging Month and April 13-19 Telecommunicator Week;
- the April 1 meeting minutes.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. and will be held at City Hall, 900 Thompson St. It is open to the public.