Chico ISD’s campus administrators and district directors all received contract extensions at Monday’s school board meeting.
High school principal Lisa Slaughter and elementary school principal Karen Decker received two-year contract extensions through the 2015-2016 school year. Middle school principal LaJuan Foster, who was hired to serve as interim principal last summer, received a one-year extension to remain serving as interim principal.
Maury Martin, director of special programs for the district, and athletic director Stephen Carter received an extension through the 2015-2016 school year.
The district waits until budget discussions in the summer to make any possible changes in salaries.
The board also voted to offer a contract to Pam Williams to serve as high school counselor. Superintendent Mike Jones said this will be Williams’ first counseling position after interning with counselors at Lake Travis ISD.
In other business, the board:
- held a public hearing on the 2012-2013 Texas Academic Performance Report. The district received a 2013 accountability rating of “met standard.”
- called an election for May 10 to fill two trustee positions. (See a related story in this issue for updated filings.)
- hired Shannon Loyd of the San Antonio-based Loyd Law Firm to represent the district in a 2011 hail damage claim.
- took no action on 2014-2015 salary and stipend schedules.
- agreed to allow Glenn Gonzenbach to lease two acres of district-owned land in a rural part of the district in exchange for a 3/16 royalty rate for oil or gas production on the property.
- awarded bids to James Wood Motors for a 1-ton, four-door pickup and a Suburban.
BOARD TO MEET MONDAY
The school board will hold a special meeting at 6:30 p.m. Monday for a work session on the facilities review committee report given at the January board meeting. Jones said the board will consider the prioritized items and decide what should be the next step.
Other agenda items include updates to professional contracts, a resolution to pay employees for missed instructional days due to weather and a shared services agreement with Bluebonnet Co-op for students with visual impairments.
The meeting will be held in Room 150 of Chico Elementary School.