Half of the Bridgeport City Council will change Tuesday.
After the old council canvasses the votes, newly-elected mayor Corey Lane and councilmembers David Correll and Calvin Coursey will be sworn in, joining sitting council members Jimmy Meyers, Bobby Brazier and Billy Fred Walker to consider city business.
The agenda includes:
- awarding a proposal for the installation of an on-site septic system at Bridgeport Municipal Airport;
- authorizing the Wise County Appraisal District to sell real property previously struck off the tax roll for delinquent taxes;
- appointing Erika McComis as acting city secretary while Jesica McEachern is on maternity leave;
- granting a special exception allowing a 1,088 square-foot-home in the 1200 block of Brush Street. City ordinance, which was amended in February, says dwellings must be at least 1,200 square feet.
- reappointing Karen Green to a third 2-year term as municipal court judge.
- waiving the rental fee for the pavilion and temporary closing 10th Street between Halsell Street and the entrance to the Building Center and Cates Street from 9th to 11th streets on June 7 for the Cub Scout Soap Box Derby.
- reviewing minutes and the May 8-21 payments of $570,597.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 900 Thompson St. It is open to the public.