Streets, electricity and personnel top the agenda of the Bridgeport city council’s meeting Tuesday.
During a workshop at the beginning of the meeting, the council will hear an update from the Economic Development Corp. board of directors on the search for an executive director. William Myers resigned from the post in December to take a similar job in Denison.
In a workshop toward the end of the meeting, officials will further discuss the Halsell Street sidewalk project and a list of recommendations by the Main Street Board. City staff have met with Halff Associates to devise a project schedule and price estimate.
Officials will discuss making changes to several ordinances, including manufactured housing, animal control fees, plat fees and street closure authorization.
The council will meet in closed session to discuss the wholesale electricity contract.
IN OTHER NEWS
The council will also consider:
- temporarily closing 10th Street at Halsell Street 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, for the Wellness For Life Mobile Screening event;
- dispersing $7,500 in Hotel Occupancy Tax dollars to the Butterfield Stage Days Rodeo committee, for advertising and marketing of the rodeo, to be held in May;
- re-enlisting as a Texas Main Street City;
- the Jan. 7 meeting minutes; and
- the Jan. 9-22 payment report in the amount of $813,527.88.
The meeting, which begins at 7 p.m., will be held at City Hall, 900 Thompson St.