The Bridgeport City Council is expected to consider voting on a tax rate for the 2014 fiscal year at its meeting on Tuesday. If the proposed rate passes, there will be a maximum tax rate of $0.5875 per $100 valuation.
The council will also:
- set dates for a public 2014 budget hearing, tax rate hearing and tax rate adoption;
- consider amending the current budget to allow for $62,000 more to be added to the airport fund to pay for the runway extension project;
- take action on possible amendments to the Bridgeport Code of Ordinances;
- consider vacating a water line easement on the grounds that the property is unnecessary for use by the public;
- consider exchanging 3.57 acres of land in the J.M. Kirkman survey for a separate .723 acre waterline easement;
- consider a motion on mosquito spraying within the city limits; and
- discuss the possible creation of a food truck park in Bridgeport.
The meeting is 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, in Bridgeport City Hall at 900 Thompson St. It is open to the public.