The Boyd school board is ready to begin its work on the school district’s financial plan for next year.
Following its regularly scheduled meeting Monday, trustees will hold a budget workshop.
During the regular meeting, the board will discuss and consider:
- purchasing tax property in Brighton Oaks;
- an annual contract with King, Moore, Truelove and Pharis, Certified Public Accountants;
- establishing a maximum class size;
- the district’s food service program;
- the district improvement plans;
- budget policy regarding academic achievement graduation; and
- a budget amendment.
They will also review handbooks for students/parents, employees, custodial/maintenance personnel and substitutes.
In closed session, trustees are to discuss personnel matters and real property. If they take action, they will reconvene into the public meeting to do so.
Trustees will also review minutes, pay bills and hear reports from the superintendent, assistant superintendent, superintendent’s secretary, business manager, director of technology, principals and athletic director.
The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Boyd ISD Administration Board Room, 600 Knox Ave. It is open to the public.