No injuries were reported, but one arrest was made following a structure fire in the 100 block of County Road 1639, southwest of Chico, Thursday afternoon.
The occupant of the single-wide mobile home, Jeremiah Martinez, 32, was arrested for public intoxication.
The Wise County Sheriff’s Office, along with the Wise County Fire Marshal’s Office and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, were called to the scene to investigate. But the ATF turned the investigation back over to the Wise County Fire Marshal’s office.
“It’s still under investigation, but it appears the fire was accidental,” Wise County Fire Marshal Chuck Beard said. “It’s a routine investigation.”
When Chico firefighters checked on scene around 3 p.m., the mobile home was fully engulfed.
Flames had spread to the neighbor’s fence and threatened nearby structures and a propane tank. But the fire was contained to the mobile home and a well house.
Units from Bridgeport, Lake Bridgeport and Sand Flat, as well as Wise County medics responded.