Immanuel Baptist Christian Academy (IBCA) students received awards while attending the Texas Baptist Athletic Conference Awards Ceremony in May.
TBAC is a league of Christian schools in North Texas that sponsors various scholastic and athletic competitions throughout the school year. Points are accumulated by the students placing first through sixth in the various competitions.
The top 10 boys and top 10 girls from all the schools in the league were presented scholastic and athletic medals for earning the highest number of points in the four different age divisions in each category.
The age divisions are Grade School I (ages 5 to 8), Grade School II (ages 9 to 11), Middle School (ages 12 to 14) and High School (ages 15 to 18).
Scholastic competitions included the Christian Skills Meet; Music Festival; and Science, Skills and Scholastic Meet.
Receiving top 10 scholastic medals from Immanuel were:
- GS I Boys – Ben Brown, Ethan Burns, Travis Geeslin and Jes Slimp
- GS I Girls – Lana Luman
- GS II Boys – Jacob Rhodes
- GS II Girls – Kylie Luman
- Middle School Boys – Johnathan Brown and Noah Flores
- Middle School Girls – Julia Brown and Alexis Hailey
- High School Boys – Trey Kretzinger and Trace Patrick
- High School Girls – Monica Flores
Athletic competitions included tennis, bowling, miniature golf, basketball, golf, tabletennis and volleyball tournaments and cross country and track meets.
Immanuel students receiving top 10 athletic medals were:
- GS I Boys – Ben Brown, Ethan Burns, Jordan Davis, Travis Geeslin and Jes Slimp
Two IBCA students received plaques for compiling the most points in their age divisions in athletic events among all the schools in the TBAC league. Those recognized were Jordan Davis, Grade School I Boy Top Athlete; and Lana Luman, Grade School I Girl Top Athlete.