- WCMessenger.com - http://www.wcmessenger.com -

Smoke caused brief school evacuation

Posted By Brian Knox On July 25, 2013 @ 2:35 pm In Breaking News,Update | No Comments

Staff and students at Pettit Private School in Decatur evacuated the building around 1:45 p.m. Thursday after light smoke was seen in the building located in the 700 block of Deer Park Road. The Decatur Fire Department responded and discovered a light haze in the building, according to Fire Chief Mike Richardson. He said the cause of the smoke was an overheated exhaust fan. Kids and staff were allowed back in the building after about 30 minutes. Wise County Medics also responded and passed out water for students and staff.

Messenger photo by Joe Duty

Messenger photo by Joe Duty


Article printed from WCMessenger.com: http://www.wcmessenger.com

URL to article: http://www.wcmessenger.com/2013/update/smoke-caused-brief-school-evacuation/

Copyright © 2012 WCMessenger.com. All rights reserved.