- WCMessenger.com - http://www.wcmessenger.com -

Morning fire ruled accidental

Posted By Kristen Tribe On June 22, 2013 @ 7:50 pm In Breaking News,Update | No Comments

Wise County Fire Marshal Chuck Beard said Saturday evening that the fire at a Newark home earlier in the day was accidental.

Joe and Debra Garcia’s trailer home ┬áin the 200 block of County Road 4877 was devoured by a blaze that started on the front porch about 11:30 a.m. The Garcias had just left to go to Fort Worth, but Debra’s sister, Teresa Huckabee, and her teenage son, Hunter Huckabee, where at the house when the fire started.

They were watching television and “heard some popping and cracking on the front porch. They opened the door, and the fire was outside,” Beard said.

He said Teresa and Hunter exited the house through a back door and were not injured. There were two dogs inside the home, one of which perished in the blaze.

Initial reports indicated oxygen bottles in the home were exploding as the fire spread, but Beard said he did not find evidence of that.

Red Cross was called to the scene to meet the needs of the family. Hunter lived in the trailer with the Garcias. His mother lived in a trailer behind them, which was not damaged. The trailer homes on either side of the burned structure are also occupied by relatives.

 


Article printed from WCMessenger.com: http://www.wcmessenger.com

URL to article: http://www.wcmessenger.com/2013/update/morning-fire-ruled-accidental/

Copyright © 2012 WCMessenger.com. All rights reserved.