- WCMessenger.com - http://www.wcmessenger.com -

Monday, January 28, 2013

Posted By admin On January 28, 2013 @ 9:14 am In Update | No Comments

BIDS DUE ON HOSPITAL – North Texas Community Hospital in Bridgeport, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Nov. 8, will learn today if it has any other suitors beside Wise Regional Health System. Wise Regional bid $20 million to take over the facility, with $1 million of that a loan to help cover the costs of the bankruptcy filing. Other health care entities have until 5 p.m. today to file a bid with the federal bankruptcy court in Fort Worth. If none do, a hearing on Feb. 4 will approve the sale to Wise Regional. If one or more bids is received, an auction will be held 9 a.m. Wednesday in the Fort Worth court to determine who gets the hospital. NTCH, which opened in the fall of 2008, has been in default on its original bonds of nearly $60 million since May 2009.

WARM FACING DEFICIT – Wise Area Relief Mission (WARM) in Decatur is facing a $20,000 deficit. The largest food pantry in the county gives out about 900 boxes of food per month and is facing a deficit for the first time in several years. While the pantry receives funding from United Way of Wise County, two major donors passed away in 2012. Read more in the weekend Wise County Messenger on news stands now.

BRIDGEPORT AREA ACCIDENT – As Update was going to press, emergency personnel had been dispatched to an accident on Farm Road 2123 a few miles south of Bridgeport. There had not been any reports of serious injuries. Early reports indicate a pickup had run through a fence.

FINANCIAL AID NIGHT – Bridgeport High School Senior Financial Aid Night is 6 p.m. today in the BHS library. Seniors and their parents are invited for a discussion on FAFSA and college financial aid.

DECATUR COUNCIL – The Decatur City Council meets at 5:30 tonight to hear a parade of annual reports from the heads of various city departments. The work session, which is open to the public, is in the council chambers at City Hall. Reports are due from Brad Burnett, Airport Manager; Dedra D. Ragland, AICP, Planning Director; Earl Smith, PE, Public Works Director; Frieda Hanley, Main Street Director; Fire Chief Mike Richardson, Police Chief Rex Hoskins and Civic Center Director Lori Sherwood. Finance Director Burnett will also report on the city’s finances and the council will discuss 2013 goals for the Finance Department. New Library Director Patricia Peters will submit a written report for the council to review. The regular meeting begins at 6 p.m. and the agenda includes calling the 2013 municipal election.

GOSPEL OPRY – The monthly Gospel Opry is 7 tonight at the Wise County Heritage Museum in Decatur. Admission is free, but an offering will be accepted to support the museum.

EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE NETWORK – Wise County Assistance Network will have an informational presentation 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Decatur Civic Center. Introduced in late spring 2012, the organization is a secure, Internet-based communication network of emergency service providers and care providers in Wise County and is sponsored by United Way of Wise County. Membership in the network is open to any organization that provides assistance services to Wise County residents, but anyone interested in learning about the network is welcome to attend.

LVN-RN NURSING PROGRAM – Weatherford College Wise County is accepting applications for the Licensed Vocational Nursing to Registered Nursing program through Jan. 31. The one-year program begins in May. Information packets and applications can be obtained in person on the WCWC campus, by phone at (940) 627-2690, or by e-mail at wisecounty@wc.edu.

RAIN CHANCES – The National Weather Service is calling for a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms tonight, and the chances increase to 60 percent tomorrow. High temperatures are expected to be around 75 degrees both days before a cool down Tuesday night into Wednesday.

FUNERALS – Service for Mary Williams, 82, of Boyd is 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Christian-Hawkins Funeral Home in Boyd with burial at Boyd Cemetery. Family visitation is 6-8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.

FUNERAL for Khristi Hardee, 40, of Bridgeport, is 1 p.m. today at Jones Family Funeral Home in Bridgeport.

FUNERAL for Ruby Weyerts, 81, of Decatur is pending at Jones Family Funeral Home.


Article printed from WCMessenger.com: http://www.wcmessenger.com

URL to article: http://www.wcmessenger.com/2013/update/monday-january-28-2013/

Copyright © 2012 WCMessenger.com. All rights reserved.