Klement Ford

UPDATE

Fire damages Crafton home


Messenger photo by Joe Duty

Messenger photo by Joe Duty

A Crafton home was damaged Sunday morning when the chimney caught fire and quickly spread to the attic.

Crafton, Sand Flat and Chico volunteer fire departments were called to 1787 CR 1895 about 10:45 a.m. Homeowner Alvin Hall told a Wise County dispatcher that a fire in his fireplace had spread to his living room.

“Yesterday I had no electricity [for a period of time], and it was cold so I kept my fireplace going,” he said. Hall was not injured in the fire. He lives there with his cat, Hoot.

Sand Flat Fire Chief Kenny Carnley said damage was confined to one end of the single-story, wooden structure, and in addition to heat and smoke damage, there was also water damage to the drywall. He said the flames spread quickly from the chimney to the attic.

Medic 2 and Sunset Volunteer Fire Department were also on scene.

Print This Page Print This Page

Leave a Reply. Note: As of March 24, 2011, all posted comments will include the users full name.

WCMessenger.com News and Blog Comment Guidelines

You must be logged in to post a comment.