- WCMessenger.com - http://www.wcmessenger.com -

Family of four loses all in fire

Posted By admin On July 3, 2013 @ 6:16 pm In Breaking News,Update | 2 Comments

_JOE0637

A mom and her three young children lost everything in a house fire in Chico late last night. Melanie Belcher and her three children escape without injury but their home located in the 300 block of N. Hovey Street was a total loss. The fire started about 11 p.m. after a candle was knocked over in the one of the bedrooms. “It was accidental,” said Wise County Fire Marshal Chuck Beard. “The (12-year-old) boy was asleep in his room when the fire started. His 8-year-old sister did an amazing job of waking him up and getting him out of the house safely.” Firefighters from Chico, Alvord and Bridgeport volunteer fire departments responded and kept the fire from spreading to nearby homes. The Red Cross provided the family, which includes a year old infant, a place to stay for the night. The family rented the home and did not have renter’s insurance. “It was unusually cold last night for this time of year, in the low 60s,” Beard added. “One of the volunteers had to wrap a blanket around the children to keep them warm.”


Article printed from WCMessenger.com: http://www.wcmessenger.com

URL to article: http://www.wcmessenger.com/2013/update/family-of-four-loses-all-in-fire/

Copyright © 2012 WCMessenger.com. All rights reserved.