Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method allow_php_in_posts::shortcode_advanced() should not be called statically in /home/wcmessenger115/wcmessenger.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 298
Strict Standards: Non-static method allow_php_in_posts::option_get() should not be called statically in /home/wcmessenger115/wcmessenger.com/wp-content/plugins/allow-php-in-posts-and-pages/allowphp.php on line 396
Wise Regional Health System’s governing board authorized $6.5 million in debt financing at its meeting Monday to fund equipment purchases for the system’s new Parkway Surgical and Cardiovascular Hospital in Tarrant County.
The 29,000-square-foot, $12.8 million facility, which was announced last August, is now under construction at North Tarrant Parkway and Interstate 35. It will include four operating rooms, two procedure rooms and 12 inpatient beds with the capacity to add three more surgical rooms and 12 additional beds in the future.
It will also include laboratory, radiology and preoperative services and an emergency room and offer spine, orthopedics, cardiology, plastic surgery, pain management and gastroenterology.
Wise Regional CEO Steve Summers asked his board Monday to approve borrowing from local banks to equip the new facility. First Financial Bank had the winning bid, based on a comparison of interest rates and terms submitted by several bidders.
A list of equipment was presented, but those purchases have not yet been finalized because the cost of some items is still being negotiated by representatives of the hospital’s buying group, Med Assets.
The new facility is expected to open before the end of 2013.
Summers also updated the board on a project to convert the existing electronic medical record system at Wise Regional from the current Seimens’ Medical Series IV to the Seimens’ Sorian platform.
That project has kicked off, he said, and the goal is to “go live” with the new system by Oct. 28.
The board also welcomed Decatur attorney Jason Wren as the hospital’s new General Counsel, beginning May 1.
The board also approved:
- installing a cell phone antenna system in the Decatur facility to improve cell phone communication. After looking at two bids, the board approved a $187,000 proposal from Connectivity Wireless Solutions of Dallas to install the antenna. The other bidder was Molitoris Group of Houston.
- initial appointments and reappointments to the medical staff for 22 physicians, five physician assistants, one nurse practitioner and three certified registered nurse anesthetists. With those appointments, the total number of physicians and others on the medical staff approaches 250.
- modifying the nephrology core privileges to include the services of LDL Aphaeresis and plasma exchange.
- maintaining the existing obstetric privileging policy.
- recruiting agreements for two interventional cardiologists, Irfan Hameed, M.D. and Shadi Karabsheh, M.D., subject to acceptance onto the medical staff, to provide services at Wise Regional-Decatur and the Parkway facility when it opens.
BRIDGEPORT CAMPUS ‘GRAND RE-OPENING’ IS MAY 17
After officially becoming part of Wise Regional Health System on March 26, Wise Regional-Bridgeport is finally, quietly, fully open as a full-service hospital again.
A “grand re-opening” celebration is Friday, May 17 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., with a ribbon cutting hosted by the Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce at 11:30.
The hospital’s emergency room has remained open and busy throughout the transition, which included some fairly extensive remodeling, particularly in the surgical suites.
The first surgery in the renovated suite is scheduled Tuesday at 7:30 a.m. – and hospital officials said a total of 10 surgeries are already lined up for next week.
The public is invited to the May 17 celebration.