The Chico City Council will meet Tuesday to discuss and possibly approve moving forward with a street replacement project.
The project, originally scheduled to be done last year, includes replacing and widening several streets around town. Mayor J.D. Clark identified Phase 1 of the project as East Jacksboro Street, East Decatur Street and Flower Lane. Phase 2 will include South Hovey, South Buffalo, Blanton, Church and College.
The council considered the item at last Tuesday’s meeting but decided to make sure city staff had fully reviewed the service agreement before giving their approval. Tuesday’s meeting is 6 p.m. at city hall.
In other business from last Tuesday, the council:
- renewed the city’s franchise agreement with Oncor;
- heard a positive report on the annual audit from Stephen Gilland;
- approved a part-time position in the water and sewer department;
- approved a couple of park board recommendations, including a 5K fun run on April 13 and revisions to the park board guidelines; and
- approved the annexation of property located on Business Texas 101 on the north side of town. The property is already partially in the city limits, and the property owner wanted the whole property brought into the city.