For more than a year, Oneta Berghoefer has held dual roles for the city of Runaway Bay as city secretary and interim city administrator.
Tuesday, the dual role became official and permanent.
Following an executive session, the city council voted to combine the city secretary and city administrator positions and appoint Berghoefer to the post.
Berghoefer has served as interim city administrator since the city’s former administrator, Greg Leveling, was fired in March 2012.
In other action out of the executive session, the council confirmed the appointment of Dawnelle Burns as the second assistant fire chief and announced Police Chief Tim Donald satisfactorily completed the three-month probation period. He was hired in April to fill a post that had been vacant since Drew Paschall resigned in February 2012.
Sgt. Rex Richie served in the interim.
IN OTHER NEWS
- instated a 30-percent collection service fee on municipal court fines and costs more than 60 days delinquent;
- contracted with Municipal Recovery System to collect those outstanding warrants, citations and fines;
- accepted a donation deed for property from the Barnett Family Revocable Trust;
- approved a variance to the front setback requirements for a lot on Cimarron Bay that includes a severe slope from an existing building pad to the shoreline;
- accepted a $500 bid from the Sheriff’s sale for Lot 58, Block 2, Runaway Bay Unit 6; and
- approved the July financials, accounts payable, activity reports, journal entries and meeting minutes.