The Butterfield Stage Days Rodeo committee will petition the Bridgeport city council again for a share of hotel occupancy tax dollars.
A $7,500 request failed due to lack of a motion at a meeting March 19.
This time, the committee has broken the amount into two requests – one for $5,000 and another for $2,500 – which it will make at Tuesday’s meeting. It will start at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 900 Thompson St.
In closed session, the council will deliberate the gifting of .643 acres to the city.
During open session, the council will also consider a laundry list of other items including:
- purchasing software for the municipal court;
- a contract with Baird, Hampton and Brown Inc. for engineering services to extend a gas utility line;
- temporarily closing Cates Street between 9th and 10th streets May 6 to May 12 for Butterfield Stage Days;
- waiving the rental fee of Bridgeport Community Center for a quarter auction;
- an airport hangar lease transfer from Larry Neal to Brad Richey; and
- continuing participation in the Steering Committee of cities served by Oncor.
Councilmembers will also hear reports on budget variances in March and the Chamber of Commerce’s activities this quarter.
During workshop, the council will discuss replacing the email server and closing city alleys.