At the request of its community, Northwest ISD will give the Agricultural Sciences Learning Center a new name.
Over the past few years, several staff and community members have requested the facility be renamed in honor of someone who had a passion and advocated strongly for the ag program and understood its impact on students.
NISD personnel will accept nominations through June 14.
In accordance with district policy on naming facilities, suggestions must fit one of the following criteria:
- in memory of a person who has served the district or local NISD community, especially in service to children, and whose virtues or characteristics will serve as role models to students, staff and the community;
- in memory of a person who has made a significant contribution to society and/or education, whose name shall lend prestige and status to an institution of learning;
- a local residential or geographic area;
- any state or national heroic figure, landmark and/or historical attributes;
- a district property donor or his/her family members.
Electronic nomination forms are available at www.nisdtx.org/schoolnames. To request a hard copy, call 817-215-0171. Additional information may be included, such as news clippings, letters of recommendation and/or printed resources that would assist the board in making a decision.
A naming selection committee will review the suggestions and make a recommendation to the school board. Trustees will vote on the names at their June 25 meeting.
Opened in 2003, the NISD Agricultural Sciences Center is located at the district’s central site – 1960 Texan Dr., in Justin.