The pool of county fire marshal applicants has been narrowed to four.
Sheriff David Walker told county commissioners Monday at their regular meeting that background checks on the four finalists are under way and should be complete by tomorrow. The results will be sent to the hiring committee for review.
Wise County has been without a fire marshal since Marc Dodd resigned 11 months ago.
Walker also updated commissioners on the new radio system. He said contracts have been signed for all the towers, and he hoped to have an installation plan by Tuesday.
“Then we can apply for the $498,000 reimbursement,” he said. “We’re way out of our [original] grant deadline, but they’ve been patient.”
In other business, commissioners:
- adopted a resolution order in support of House Bill 410 and Senate Bill 896, which implement a filing fee of $5 for the Second Court of Appeals;
- approved the following utility easements: County Road 4757, EnerVest Operation; CR 4481 and CR 1470, Devon Gas Services;
- accepted a donation of $287.30 to Cans for Canines;
- approved a replat of West Wind Subdivision, Lots 9R-1, 9R-2 and 9R-3, in Precinct 2;
- approved a variance for Don and Vickie Shisler at two addresses on County Road 3225 to repair an existing septic system; and
- approved a resolution declaring March 17-23 Poison Prevention Week.