A couple of requests to bring mobile homes into the city of Bridgeport’s jurisdiction will come before the city council.
At its meeting Tuesday, the council will hold a public hearing then consider granting a specific-use permit to allow a manufactured home at 1805C 9th Street.
The council will also consider a final plat of Bailey Park, located outside of the city limits but within the city’s extraterritorial jurisdiction. Property owner Dan Selz had approached the city about developing a manufactured home community “to assist some families in need.”
The council will also:
- consider appointing Lynda Byrd to an unexpired term on the Bridgeport Public Library Board,
- authorize the temporary closure of Halsell Street between 9th and 12th streets from 4:45 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31, for the annual Suit Up and Say Boo trick-or-treat parade with downtown merchants,
- hear a quarterly report from the Bridgeport Area Chamber of Commerce,
- review the Sept. 17 and Oct. 1 meeting minutes,
- review the Oct. 3-16 payment report in the amount of $774,936.18.
The meeting, which begins at 7 p.m., is at City Hall and is open to the public.