A couple of facilities in Bridgeport will soon get a facelift.
At its meeting Tuesday, the city council will consider awarding bids for improvements to Lawdwin Ball Fields and Bridgeport Stage, as budgeted for in workshops held this summer.
The council will also consider purchasing portable credit card machines for the parks and recreation department and a mini-digger derrick for the utilities department – items which were discussed in budget workshops.
During its meeting, the council will also hold two public hearings – one which will be the second reading on the juvenile curfew discussed at the council’s last meeting.
The other is a request for an exception to the ordinance that limits the number of driveways per single-family property to two. The owners seek permission to install a circle driveway – which would add two driveway entrances – to a property that already has a driveway.
The council will also consider:
- extending a contract with Wise County Appraisal District for the assessment and collection of city property taxes in 2014,
- authorizing the mayor, city administrator, city secretary and director of financial services to sign contractual documents associated with the Texas Community Development Block Grant Program for the reconstruction of certain water lines,
- establishing direct deposit for the aforementioned grant project,
- approving the minutes of meetings on Nov. 5, Nov. 18, Nov. 19 and Nov. 21, and
- reviewing the Dec. 5-18 payment report in the amount of $570,605.50.
The meeting, which begins at 7 p.m., will be held in the council chambers at 900 Thompson St.