In addition to nominating former Councilwoman Ilene Enochs for the Wise County Appraisal District board of directors, the Bridgeport City Council also approved appointments for the city’s 12 advisory boards, commissions and committees at its meeting Tuesday.
Those reappointed for terms expiring in May 2015 include:
- Airport board – Gaylon Rice, Paul Wood and Kevin Burns;
- Cemetery board – Billie Tidmore, Marjorie Isom and Oran Goode;
- Cultural Arts board – Sandra Walker, Sabrina Polk and Kalyn Flanagin;
- Economic Development Corp. board of directors – Mike Hurd;
- Housing Authority board – Pat Ross, Brittany Mott and Angela Baker;
- Parks and Recreation board – Art Velasquez, Sabrina Polj, Chris Funk and Kate Cowling;
- Planning and Zoning – Eddie Bland and Corey Ingram;
- Tax Increment Financing Reinvestment Zone No. 2 – Edie McDonald, Kenneth Sides (also named chairman) and Matthew Van Hoose.
Those named to a slot expiring in May 2016 include:
- Library board – Zelda Colburn, Ora Majka and Beth Anderson (Anderson was also appointed the board’s lay representative to the North Texas Regional Library System for a term of three years);
- Main Street board – Enochs, Tiffany Evans and Shirley Stack.
On the EDC board, Fred Meyers was appointed to Place 5 for three years, a post formerly held by Corey Ingram. Debbie Workman was appointed to an unexpired term on the Main Street board after Nelda Webb resigned. The term expires next May.
Billy Fred Walker and Ryan Nolting were appointed to the Stagecoach Committee for another one-year term.
The entities serve in an advisory capacity to the council.