Wise County commissioners approved a long list of annual bids at their regular meeting Monday.
Those bids and the companies to which they were awarded include:
- asphalt and road surface materials – co-awarded to Lane Construction, Fort Worth; Reynolds Asphalt, Euless; and Apac-Texas, Forth Worth
- bridge building and construction – Harris Welding, Springtown
- chip seal rock – co-awarded to TXI, Dallas; and Hanson, Irving
- color copier lease and maintenance – Nova Copy, Irving
- railroad car culverts – Railroad Yard, Stillwater, Okla.
- emulsion – co-awarded to Southern Asphalt, Fort Worth; Heartland Asphalt, Hurst; and Fastphalt, Cedar Hill
- hauling road materials – R.J. Cleveland, Paradise
- landfill usage, dump site only – IESI, Weatherford
- landfill usage, transfer station – IESI, Bowie
- magnesium chloride – Texas Road and Sign Supply, McKinney
- 3/8-inch pea gravel – Trinity Materials, Ferris
- road oils, asphalts and liquids – co-awarded to Heartland Asphalt, Hurst; Southern Asphalt, Fort Worth; and Wright Asphalt, Houston
- rock and base material – co-awarded to Chico Limestone, Bridgeport; and Hanson, Irving
- pre-coat rock – TXI, Dallas
- minus base – Chico Limestone, Bridgeport
- scrap metal for sale – Rick’s Metal, Bridgeport
- Emergency Medical Services billing – Intermedix
They tabled bulk gasoline and diesel bids and rejected bids for metal culverts.
They awarded a bid for one or more half-ton trucks to Karl Klement Ford in Decatur.
Sheriff David Walker reported that the “radio project is moving forward finally.”
He said the county has been reimbursed $498,000 in grant money from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and all of the equipment purchased with grant money has been installed.
“The biggest thing now will be getting the channels assigned,” he said. “We probably need to get with the radio committee fairly quickly to look at the channel matrix and decide who will be assigned to what channel.”
Read more about the county’s new radio system in an upcoming edition of the Messenger.
- accepted a $257.52 donation from Cans for Canines to the Wise County Animal Shelter;
- approved the list of county election judges;
- approved a resolution of support for landowners being affected by the smell of sewage sludge that is spread on their property or neighboring land;
- approved bids from Jared McComis for property struck from the county, City of Bridgeport and Bridgeport ISD tax rolls, including lots 20-24 in block 19 of the McCabe Addition and lots 13 and 14 in block 29 of Bridgeport; and
- accepted a bid from Navitas Investments for property struck from the county, City of Runaway Bay and Bridgeport ISD tax rolls.