The board of directors of Wise Regional Health System are expected to approve a $125,000 fee to hire a bond rating agency to pursue refinancing the hospital’s bond debt when it becomes eligible next year.
That is one of the items on the board’s agenda for its 6 p.m. meeting Monday at the WRHS boardroom.
Given the original interest rates and the interest rates currently available, the hospital may be able to save a considerable amount of interest by paying off the original bonds and refinancing the debt. The purpose of hiring the bond rating agency is to begin exploring those options.
The board will also confirm numerous appointments, reappointments and first-year reviews for medical staff members. Among those is a recommendation that Elva Camero, M.D. be granted obstetrical and neonatal privileges pending completion of a resuscitation program.
The board will also:
- consider a lease for cath lab equipment at the soon-to-be-opened Parkway Surgical Hospital in Fort Worth;
- consider a five-year lease agreement with AirEvac EMS for site services, including a land-lease site to be used for their crew headquarters on the campus of the Decatur hospital;
- consider the appointment of Jeff Sicking, Donna Stowers and Lisa Long Bradshaw to the WRHS Foundation board;
- consider a consulting agreement for hyperbaric service education and training;
- consider the purchase of two “virtual” servers and related switches for $216,473;
- consider a two-year lease agreement at 1705 South FM 51 for physical therapy services; and
- consider and approve a recruitment agreement with Arshad Mustafa, M.D., a rheumatologist.
The board will also hear administrative, nursing and financial reports. The meeting is open to the public.