Fire at Wise Electric Co-op

Share this page...

A fire was reported at Wise Electric Co-op in Decatur Thursday around 11 a.m. Chris Walsh, an engineering manager at Wise Electric said smoke started to fill the building and all employees evacuated. The Decatur Fire Department arrived and located the source of the fire in some insulation. The fire was quickly extinguished, and minimal damage was reported. “It’s an inconvenience mainly,” Walsh said. “People might want to wait a while to come by to pay your bill.” The fire department remained on the scene to help clear the building of smoke.

Messenger photo by Joe Duty

Print This Page Print This Page

Leave a Reply. Note: As of March 24, 2011, all posted comments will include the users full name.

WCMessenger.com News and Blog Comment Guidelines

You must be logged in to post a comment.