The GOP seals my decision every time

By Angelou del Angel | Published Saturday, October 27, 2012
Tags:

...
{{{*}}}
The rest of this article is available for paid subscribers only.

9 Responses to “The GOP seals my decision every time”

1. robert cox says:

Yes, because obama has done such a stellar job! ” mind-boggling incompetence” is a good description of the current admin, It hardly describes a successful person such as Romney. After all, look how well obama stood and watched 4 Americans get murdered without sending any help even tho he had requests! Please explain what obama has been successful at……besides weakening America.

Republicans don’t decide your vote. You never vote Republican. Now, if there were an even more liberal candidate maybe you would consider it…..

Apparently you are a Democrat liberal who will use any reason your mind comes up with to not vote for the GOP candidate. That’s OK too, that’s your right, but please don’t try and say it’s because of these feeble excuses you posed in your letter. Based on your own reasoning, Obama has been in office for almost four full years now and if I remember correctly, one speaking gaff he made was when he stated that he had been to all 57 states at one time! Based on that, how could you vote for a man as POTUS that doesn’t know how many states there really are in the United States? No my friend, as I said, you are just a Liberal Democrat, so be proud of that and go on, without these feeble excuses you put in this letter.

In my own opinion, Obama is the worst thing that has ever happened to this country in my lifetime of 66 years, in EVERY WAY, and my opinion has nothing at all to do with any pathetic little speaking gaffs he’s made. It’s based on his record of decisions and his actions in the last four years he’s been in office.

3. Andy Sabo says:

Um, so you were ok with Obama visiting 57 U.S. states back in 2008? Americans are traditionally horrible at geography, myself included. I’d rather the President know how many states are in OUR country than what country is south of Iran (admittedly, I KNOW this was just a slip up by him). I think handling the Libyan embassy security issues better trumps geography lessons when a politican has crammed for weeks preparing for debates, and makes one slip up. If you stick with your logic, you would never vote for O. So just cast your vote as you see fit, and don’t attempt to justify it. Your beliefs are your beliefs – vote that way. Don’t make excuses. I vote on issues. I won’t make excuses for why I believe the way I do, and I vote my conscience.

4. El Pulpo says:

You’re seriously not voting for Republican candidates because of their political gaffes? Sounds to me like you’re just trying to rationalize your voting for a President with failed policies and broken promises. If I was to think like you, I would be concerned about voting for Obama who admitted to his “Muslim faith.” Ordinarily, that may not be a problem but with Obama, it is probably why he hasn’t taken a stiffer stance on Iran and why he hasn’t done much to clear up what happened in Benghazi.

5. Oh my, where do I start? First of all, you’re shallow political views are so blatant that I wish you would just stay at home. To not vote for someone because of their pronunciation of a word? And I’m sure you pronounce everything correctly. and while we’re on presidential gaffes, lest we forget these (just a few of the many)

“The Bomb” that fell on Pearl Harbor
    10,000 People (A Whole Town!) Died in Kansas ~ Oops, Overstated by 9,988
    Blames Hugo Chavez’s Election on (ta da) BUSH! Oops.
    Bows to the Chicom President
    Bows to the Emperor of Japan
    Bows to the Saudi King
    Expects to be President for “Eight to Ten Years”
    Pock-E-Ston
    Gives the Queen an iPod
    Had an Imaginary Assignment to the Senate Banking Committee
    Has Visited 57 States (geography issues in his own country)
    Harvard Degree ~ Mechanical Engineering? No, Definitely NOT!
    Totally screwed up while taking the oath of office

I can come up with at least 30 or 40 more. My point is, you don’t view the sides equally, You are slanted far left. You didn’t mention the fear of having Biden and Pelosi ruin our country. I can assure you, Sarah Palin could run this country far better than the poor excuse for a president we have now.

6. J.D. Goodwin says:

Well, reading the letter made me mad, reading the comments gave me hope that for every Obama supporter out there, maybe there are 5 that see the wolf behind a sheep’s mask.

7. Tracy Smith says:

The letter said the political Gaffe Sealed the Deal, The only shallow thing I’m seeing is the depth of the readers comments and the understanding of what the writer is trying to say. Clearly the author is voting for Obama because of a myriad of issues the Republicans have presented. Good for you Angelou.

8. So how did all that talk about rape work out for the GOP?

9. robert cox says:

We’ll never know since the votes were tainted! Good job of cheating the vote, dems! You’ve officially killed America!