Various contests were held during the Coal Miners’ Heritage Festival in Bridgeport Saturday.
Mann Refrigeration swept the awards in the Great Bowls of Fire chili cookoff, winning both the people’s choice and judge’s choice.
Tracy Williams of Alvord won the Fall Favorites Cooking Contest with a double-layered pumpkin cheesecake.
The winners of the Pumpkin Patch pageant are as follows:
- 0 to 23 months: Brooklyn Hilliard; Kiera Lambert, runner-up
- 2 to 3 years – Addison Fippinger; Allie Murphy, runner-up
- 4 to 6 years – Laurili Lee; Landry Murphy, runner-up
- 7 to 9 years – Mia Sparks; Jaydee Johnson, runner-up.
Tammy Kelly of Tammy Kelly Photography and Melanie Singleton of Singleton Art Studio spent more than two hours scouring the entries in the photography contest.
The winners are:
- Youth Color – Harrison Oberg, first place; Katelyn Lanfear and Harrison Oberg, second place (tie)
- Youth Black and White – Katelyn Lanfear, first place; Cason Lanfear, second place
- Adult Color – Pam Lanfear, first place; and Ashley Kyle, John Wilhelm and Velvet Oberg, second place (tie)
- Adult Black and White – Ashley Kyle and Stacy Privett, first place (tie); and Teresa Mejia, Ashley Kyle and Velvet Oberg, second place (tie)
Hannah Horton won the Viewer’s Choice award.
In the High Noon Hot Dog Eating Contest, Albert Taylor won first place; Justin Lambert, second place; and John Walker, third.
Taylor also won The Atomic Rooster wing-eating contest.