Welcome to Wise

NEWS HEADLINES

Firefighters quickly extinguish house fire

By Erika Pedroza | Published Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A quick response by Decatur firefighters might have saved a wooden-frame home from burning Sunday afternoon.

A structure fire in the 600 block of Perrin Street was reported around 3 p.m. Firefighters arrived within minutes and contained the fire to its origination in the front bedroom. It appears a candle on a night stand started the fire.

There was moderate smoke damage throughout the home, but its occupants were not injured.

Leave a Reply. Note: As of March 24, 2011, all posted comments will include the users full name.

WCMessenger.com News and Blog Comment Guidelines

You must be logged in to post a comment.