Newark, Rhome, Boyd and Haslet firefighters battled the heat and extinguished a fire in a mobile home on County Road 4845 in Newark Sunday afternoon.
The fire started in the bathroom. Jerry Taylor of the Newark Volunteer Fire Department said there were flames and heavy smoke on the east end of the home when the first personnel made the scene.
“We made a quick attack and knocked it down, but it started to run the floor on us like they tend to do in these mobile homes,” Taylor said.
The fire started just before 3:30 p.m. Firefighters had it contained by 4.
Taylor said the home needed an extensive overhaul, and several personnel were needed for the job because of the triple-digit heat.