The city of Bridgeport recognized the accomplishments and continuing education efforts of its employees at its meeting Tuesday.
During a personnel report, human resource manager Judi Conger outlined several personnel changes, including the city’s seven new hires, five terminations, three worker’s compensation claims, three who took a short-term leave of absence as outline by the Family Medical Leave Act, an update on open enrollment, mandate notifications sent and the “much appreciated” wage adjustments approved for this fiscal year.
Conger also noted accolades to employees including:
- honors presented by the police department at their annual Christmas party – Officer Antonia Valdez as the Sgt. Randy White Officer of the Year; Officer Richard Taylor, Employee of the Year; and Shelia Webb, Civilian Employee of the Year.
- Elvira Pendergraft, court clerk, completing the first of three levels of the Texas Municipal Court Clerk Certification Program, administered through the Texas Court Clerks Association with Texas State University. Upon completion of the program, the recipient is designated as a certified court clerk.
- Conger earning a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences in business occupations from Tarleton State University on Dec.15. She is a member of Delta Mu Delta (business administration honor society), the National Society of Leadership and Success and Delta Epsilon Iota (academic honor society).
- Marisol (Perez) Cano, library assistant, completing the fourth of five courses in the Small Library Management Training Program through the Texas State Library.
- Sandy Hefner, library assistant, completing training for the Evergreen Interlibrary Loan/Courier Service.
- Jackie Lowrie Read, librarian, attending a training session on ordering ebooks from Overdrive.
- Jesica McEachern, city secretary, participating in the Texas Municipal Clerks Certification Program, administered through the Texas Municipal Clerks Association and is associated with the University of North Texas. It requires extensive study in four major areas of municipal operation.
- Amy Standard, director of financial aervices, and Shelly Neckar, accounting manager, attending the Government Finance Officers Association of Texas (GFOAT) Conference.
- Amber Fogelman, main street and community relations manager, attending summer and winter Main Street training.