Five people have been indicted by a Wise County grand jury in connection with a home invasion that left an 81-year-old man near death.
Officers found Marvin Zimmerman bound and gagged, lying on the floor of his home in the 1400 block of New Hope Road on June 8. Investigators said Zimmerman had been tied up for several days before he was discovered.
Roger Lee Hammons, 49, Jimmy Ray Murrell, 50, and Charles Ray Murrell, 53, all of Fort Worth were indicted for injury to the elderly and aggravated robbery, both first-degree felonies. Both Murrells were also indicted for theft of a firearm, a state jail felony.
Sheri Lynn White, 47, and Michael Anthony Cordova, 33, both of Fort Worth, were also indicted for aggravated robbery, and Christopher Hammons, 26, was also arrested in connection with the case, but has not been indicted.
One of the suspects told investigators they thought an elderly man living alone in the country “would be an easy hit.” Investigators say the five invaded Zimmerman’s home and bound him to a chair, then proceeded to shock him several times with a stun gun and kick and punch him while demanding he tell them where valuables were hidden in the home.
Zimmerman used to let Jimmy Murrell and White live with him, according to investigators.
Zimmerman was hospitalized for several days before being released. He is now living with family members at another location.
5 INDICTED FOR AGGRAVATED ROBBERY, CONSPIRACY
Five people were also indicted in another aggravated robbery case.
Brandon Wayne Ash, 30, of Boyd; Sean Cory Genzer, 35, of Mansfield; Michael Dennis Brink II, 42, of Burleson; and Matthew Dewayne Roberts, 21, of Springtown were all indicted for aggravated robbery, burglary of a habitation and conspiracy to commit burglary of a habitation. Barbara Jean Travis, 65, of Springtown was also indicted for conspiracy to commit burglary of a habitation.
According to information in the indictment, the five planned to commit burglary of a home on Saddle Ridge Court in far southern Wise County. A pistol was used during the theft, according to the indictment.
Burglary of a habitation is a second-degree felony, and the conspiracy charge is a third-degree felony.
The grand jury met Aug. 23 and also indicted the following:
- Joel Ross Bennett, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon
- Joel Ross Bennett, evading arrest/detention with vehicle
- Joel Ross Bennett, burglary of a habitation
- Joel Ross Bennett, theft of property $1,500-$20,000
- Glenn Douglas Burhyte, evading arrest/detention with vehicle
- Meloney Carol Campbell, criminal mischief impair/interrupt public service less than $20,000
- Larry Cobb Cope Jr., theft of copper less than $20,000
- Dustin Ray Davis, burglary of a building
- Brandon Pierce Decker, theft of property $1,500-$20,000
- Dennis Ray Harper, burglary of a building
- Charles Albert Haynes, burglary
- Charles Albert Haynes, arson
- David Scott Herrera, theft of a firearm
- Franklin Eugene Holden, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle
- Robert Daniel Ingram, burglary of a building
- Michael Alan Lewis, burglary of a building
- Michael Alan Lewis, burglary of a habitation
- Danny Neal McKinzie, criminal mischief $1,500-$20,000
- Richard Curtis Porter, theft of service $1,500-$20,000
- Joshua Woodroe Puckett, credit card or debit card abuse (three counts)
- Christopher Marvin Saunders, unauthorized use of vehicle
- Bradley Don Taylor, theft of property $1,500-$20,000
- Jacqueline Lea Valdez, unauthorized use of vehicle
- Joseph Weldon Whitson, burglary of a building
- Ricky Wayne Wilcox, driving while intoxicated third or more with child under 15
- Ricky Wayne Wilcox, unauthorized use of motor vehicle
- Marco Antonio Dominguez Aranda, assault family member with previous conviction (three counts); interfere with emergency call with previous conviction
- Jacob Alan Bridges, assault family/household member
- Lucas Malone Ford, aggravated assault causes serious bodily injury; aggravated assault with a deadly weapon; assault family/household member with previous conviction (two counts)
- Manuel Luna-Rostro, driving while intoxicated with child under 15.