TEXAN FOOTBALL CAMP – Northwest Texan Football Camp for grades seven through nine is 8 to 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 6, to Thursday, Aug. 9, at the Northwest High School Indoor Facility.
NISD BOARD MEETINGS – Regularly scheduled meeting are Mondays, Aug. 13 and 27. Meetings are at the NISD Administration Building, 2001 Texan Dr., in Fort Worth.
NO SHOTS, NO SCHOOL – Northwest ISD is hosting Movax Immunization Clinics in August. Cost per child is $14 for one vaccine and $25 for two or more. Children need to bring current shot records, and a parent or guardian must be present.
For a list of dates, times and locations, go to www.nisdtx.org.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION – All students new to Northwest ISD are asked to register at the school they will be attending with the following information:
- accurate home address and telephone number,
- work telephone number for both parents (if applicable),
- student’s Social Security number and place of birth,
- name and phone number of a person, other than a parent, to notify in case of an emergency,
- birth certificate,
- copy of child’s records from the school most recently attended,
- last report card (if available),
- immunization records,
- proof of residency and
- parent or guardian’s driver’s license.
For information regarding specific registration dates and back-to-school events, visit www.nisdtx.org/backtoschool.
VOLUNTEERS ENCOURAGED TO COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECK ONLINE – Parents and other volunteers who plan to work with children in NISD schools must have passed a criminal background check. The volunteer background check form is available online at www.nisdtx.org/volunteercheck and can be completed before the rush of the new school year.