Immanuel Baptist Christian Academy held a graduation and awards ceremony May 26 at Immanuel Baptist Church in Decatur.
Autumn Dickerson, daughter of David and Marcy Dickerson, and Rachel Brooks, daughter of Dennis and Kay Brooks, received high school diplomas from Immanuel Baptist Christian Academy. Immanuel Baptist Church member Troy Hooper, son of Jim and Tammy Hooper, also received a high school diploma from A Beka Home School during the ceremony.
The school also presented diplomas to kindergarten graduates Jordan Davis, Anna Dickerson, Travis Geeslin, Lana Luman and Jes Slimp.
During the awards ceremony, various students were recognized for outstanding academic and scholastic achievements and commendable character traits. IBCA’s top award, the I Timothy 4:12 award, given for exemplary Christian character went to Johnathan Dickerson.
Julia Brown, Johnathan Dickerson and Kylie Luman received merit certificates for scoring 100 on at least 33 percent of their tests during the year. A Commendable Academic certificate was presented to Noah Flores for scoring 100 on at least 25 percent of his tests during the year.
Julia Brown, Johnathan Dickerson and Kylie Luman were named to the Pastor’s Honor Roll for earning an overall grade average of 95 to 100. Johnathan Brown, Noah Flores and Aubrie Summers made the Principal’s Honor Roll for having an overall grade average of 90 to 94.
Three students in two grade classifications each were recognized for completing the most PACEs, the combined textbook/workbooks from which the students study and work. They include:
- 1st – Johnathan Dickerson (first through sixth); Rachel Brooks (seventh through 12th)
- 2nd – Kylie Luman (first through sixth); Autumn Dickerson (seventh through 12th)
- 3rd – Julia Brown (first through sixth); Bailey Williams (seventh through 12th)
Johnathan Dickerson was awarded a special certificate for completing more than 100 PACEs.
Students recognized for highest grade average overall (in two grade classifications) include:
- 1st – Johnathan Dickerson (first through sixth); Autumn Dickerson (seventh through 12th)
- 2nd – Kylie Luman (first through sixth); Bailey Williams (seventh through 12th)
- 3rd – Julia Brown (first through sixth); Rachel Brooks (seventh through 12th)
First place received trophies and second and third place ribbons.
The sportsmanship trophy, selected by fellow classmates and teachers, was presented to Johnathan Brown. Citizenship trophies were given to Lana Luman for kindergarten and Julia Brown for first through 12th grades.
Special awards certificates went to:
- Kindergarten – Jordan Davis, penmanship; Anna Dickerson, Bible; Travis Geeslin, math and perfect attendance; Lana Luman, reading; Jes Slimp, reading and perfect attendance.
- First through 12th grades – Rachel Brooks, consumer math; Johnathan Brown, word building; Julia Brown, Bible reading; Autumn Dickerson, English; Johnathan Dickerson, math; Noah Flores, social studies; Kylie Luman, animal science; Aubrie Summers, science; and Bailey Williams, English.
- Top Scholar Awards were given to Johnathan Dickerson (first), Noah Flores (second) and Kylie Luman (third).
- Top Athletic Awards were also given based on points students earned in various athletic competitions during the year to Bailey Williams (first), Johnathan Brown (second) and Kylie Luman (third).