The property tax rate for Wise County and the county’s branch campus maintenance tax did not increase for fiscal year 2012.
Monday county commissioners adopted a 38-cent tax rate, per $100 valuation, along with an $85 million county budget. Twenty-one million of that is Weatherford College construction costs.
The 38-cent rate includes 29 cents for the general fund and 9 cents for road and bridge.
A public hearing before the meeting drew only two citizens.
In other business, commissioners approved a request by Kevin Burns to bid materials to rebuild a fence at the Precinct 2 barn that was blown down by spring windstorms.
- adopted the county holiday schedule;
- awarded a bid for scrap metal sale for precincts and Public Works to Rick’s Metal Recycling in Bridgeport;
- awarded a bid for bulk gasoline and diesel to Sandford Oil in Decatur;
- canceled a bid for sheriff’s office uniforms and approved re-bidding them;
- authorized Burns to negotiate the purchase of a tanker that is being sold by a Parker County commissioner.